In day-to-day life, every youth has to follow some path to achieve his goal. To achieve goal, everyone has to complete some steps in his life. In a game these are termed as checkpoints. You will get some benefits at every check point and these benefits are in the form of points. Everyone follow common track up to some point in life and after reaching at specific point, path changes as per the goal. Exactly the same condition appear in the game, after completing the first round you have freedom to choose your own Path and achieve your goal. There will be two rounds, elimination round (building the base) and final round (achieving the goal). In elimination round bot has to follow his path and should complete the round in less time. In final round, there will be two paths i.e. one is easy and another is difficult. You have to follow one of the path to achieve your goal but as the path is easy you will score less points and if you follow the difficult path you will score more points. The teams will be ranked according to their points and the time required to complete the track. NOTE:"Organizing committee has full rights and authority to take any decision while conducting the proceedings of the event and their decision must be considered as the final decision by every participant."
Competition Rules : • Each contesting team will be given 1 minute to make any adjustments to the sensors on test arena. • Once match is started only one member of each team i.e. the operator will be allowed to enter the arena after permission from organizers. • The match shall start from the start point or check point. The bot will start in only one direction as specified by the organizers. It cannot start in either direction. The operator may abort run at any time.
Hand Touch : • If an operator touches the robot during run, this will be considered as a hand-touch and the robot must be put back at the check point crossed or at start point. • The operator can take any number of hand touches. There is NO penalty for first two hand touch but there will be deduction of points per handtouch after two handtouches. • Even if a participant takes a hand touch, the clock will keep running and will not be reset as the robot starts again from the previous restart point. • If a robot gets into trouble the operator can ask the judge for permission to take a hand touch and restart the robot at last check point.
General Rules : • Any team that is not ready at the time specified will be disqualified from the competition automatically. • The bot will be checked for its safety before the race and will be discarded if found unsafe for other participants and spectators. • Participants are not allowed to keep anything inside the arena other than its autonomous robot. • Laptops/personal computers are not allowed near the arena. Other Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc. Devices must be switched off. The organizers hold the right to check for these devices and their usage. • The score and time measured by the organizers will be final and will be used for scoring the teams. Time measured by any contestant by any other means is not acceptable for scoring. • Operator must wear socks. • In case of any disputes/discrepancies, the organizers’ decision will be final and binding. The organizers reserve the rights to change any or all of the above rules as they deem fit. Change in rules, if any will be highlighted on the website and notified to the registered teams.
Participant must complete two rounds to win the competition. Each round consists of three checkpoints.
1. Competition Rules:
In this round you have to complete the mentioned track with less time and more points. The track is same for all participants.
a) An competition will be held prior to ‘achieving the goal round’.
b) An competition will consists only passing the check points and tracing the lines.
c) The teams will be ranked according to their points and time.
d) Winner will be declared according to points and time consumption.
Note:The width of the black line is 3cm.
Dimensions and fabrication :
• The machine should fit in a square of size 250x250 mm. There is no height limit.
• The autonomous robot must be stable and must stand on its own at the beginning of the run when put in the starting point. Robots not fulfilling this criterion will be disqualified.
• During the run, the autonomous robot can expand itself provided it does not damage the arena in anyway. However, the machine should not leave anything behind while tracing the path. The machine should not scratch, damage or destroy the track or accompanying parts of arena.
• All bots found damaging the arena will be immediately disqualified. The final decision is at the discretion of the organizers.
• The teams are allowed to use ready- made micro-controller boards/ready-made sensor kits. However they are not allowed to use Lego kits or any similar assemblies.
Power supply and propulsion :
• Machine must be completely self-contained and should receive no outside assistance. It should not use an energy source employing a combustion process.
• Machine should have an on-board power supply. No external power supply is allowed.
• Voltage on the machine at any point should not exceed 15V DC.
• A team once registered, cannot register again, even with a different name.
• A team may consist of maximum 4 students.
• A team may consist of members from different educational institutes.
All students with a valid identity card of their respective educational institutes are eligible to participate in Line follower event.
• NO supply will be provided during match however it can be provided for battery charging purposes.
• Rules can be change.